Production & Manufacturing
Temp to Hire
We are hiring an experienced CNC Machinist with some Programmer experience to help us keep growing. If you're dedicated and ambitious, this manufacturing company is an excellent place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply.
CNC Lathe/Mills Machinist Duties and Responsibilities
Read technical drawings and set up the machines in accordance with these blueprints
Use computer software to model cutting paths and program machines accordingly
Perform quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications
Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality
Consider tools required to cut particular materials and program machines accordingly
Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines as they arise
Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning and sharpening
Train new employees on how to properly operate CNC machines and programs
CNC Lathe/Mills Machinist Job Summary
· Set up CNC lathes/Mills according to blueprint specifications.
· Select cutting tools, accessories, and materials onto machines.
· Conduct quality assurance checks and record measurements.
· Make machine offset adjustments.
· Meet production schedules.
· Follow all safety regulations.
CNC Lathe/Mills Machinist Requirements and Qualifications
· A high school diploma or GED certificate.
· Completion of an apprenticeship or training program.
· Journeyman-level experience a plus
· Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) a plus
· Familiarity with measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers and height gauge
· Experience working with various metal and plastic materials.
· Mechanical aptitude and basic math skills.
· Okuma and Fanuc control experience preferred.
High School diploma (or GED)
SALARY BASED UPON EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $21.00 per hour
Our JDs are good, but have you seen our e-mails?
7320 N Mopac Expy, Ste 101
Austin, TX 78731