Seeking a Mig Welder in Georgetown, TX
Openwork is currently engaged in a search to find a Mig Welder in Georgetown, TX.
Apply today if you meet the qualifications listed below:
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates different types of equipment used to weld metal cabinets and other related products.
- Plans details of working procedure, tools, and material requirements.
- Inspects and maintains equipment for compliance with safety requirements. Corrects any safety issues prior to performing operations.
- Inspects welded parts per work in process inspection procedure and ensures they meet engineering specifications. Resolves quality and mechanical problems, making minor repairs and equipment adjustments as needed.
- Fabricates equipment by cutting and welding various metals. Welds sheet metal using different welding positions (flat, overhead, vertical, etc.).
- Cleans and prepares surfaces (including sanding) to be welded.
- Uses cutting torch equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Works from blueprint, engineering specifications and production schedules.
What you’ll need:
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Must have some welding experience or a welding certificate.
- Production welding with sheet metal experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate the capability of welding sheet metal products by passing welding test.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints and engineering specifications. Basic reading, writing and numerical ability.
- Proficient in using measuring devices as required for product inspection.
- Available and willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as production demands dictates.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs consistently
- Selected candidates will be required to pass all pre-hire employment checks, which may include a criminal background check and drug screening
- Healthcare, vision and dental benefits
- Temporary to Hire opportunity
- If hired on to client's staff, you will receive access to their full benefits package
- DOE (ranging between $18.50 - $30/hour)
- 10pm-6:30am, Sunday-Thursday (some Friday’s, if needed)
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Mig Welder job in Georgetown, TX, or visit our website www.openwork.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Openwork is a talent-first staffing company on a mission to bring ease and thoughtfulness to an industry we’ve held a footing in for 50+ years. We believe there’s more to life than livelihood, but that finding your dream career or team is a really good place to start. Our family of companies also includes Rock Staffing (GA), QS Nurses (KS), and Aerospace Solutions (CA). Looking for your dream job or hire? Visit us at www.openwork.com to say hello and start building your future, together.